Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mini Christmas Wreaths (from Shower Rings!)

I bought a package of 12 shower rings at the thrift store for super cheap, knowing they'd make great napkin rings. See my earlier post for fall napkin rings here. But, they also make sweet little Christmas wreaths that can be made into a garland, ornaments, or another festive decoration.

My supplies for this project included textured green yarn (use whatever color/texture you like!), scrap booking poinsettia flowers (on sale at Michael's after Christmas last year, but a ribbon or any other pretty findings will work, too), a glue gun, scissors, and plastic shower rings.



I began with a dab of glue to hold the yarn in place. Then, I wound it around the ring, using the opening in the plastic to feed yarn through.




When I ended, I snapped the shower ring shut and finished winding the small amount of remaining yarn, which I had cut from the skein, using another dab of hot glue to hold the end in place.



A pretty little poinsettia is glued on at the joining space to finish it off.



And then, I made a few more.


So easy. So pretty. So inexpensive. They will make such a pretty garland for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment