Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall Napkin Rings (from Shower Rings!)

Another simple and inexpensive craft. Do you know how cheap plastic shower rings are at the thrift store? Under $1 for 12 of them. So, I decided that 6 would make a nice set of fall napkin rings to be used for Thanksgiving.

Pretty, right?


I used some twine and a glue gun to cover them, but you could easily use jute, too, which might even give better coverage. 


Begin with a dab of hot glue to secure your beginning end of twine.



Make sure that the ring is "unhooked" so that you can slip the twine through that space in order to wind around your shower ring.


I wound around loosely a second time in order to insure full coverage - no one likes icky white plastic peaking through.


When finished winding, seal the rings shut. You can then begin to add your embellishments for the top of the ring.

I chose to add some cold porcelain leaves that I shaped and painted myself. You might remember my tutorial for cold porcelain here. You'll also need some floral tape to cover the remaining visible plastic portion on the ring and provide a smooth surface on which you can attach your leaves.


 

  


All that's left now is to place your lovely napkins through those rings and serve up some dinner (maybe even Thanksgiving dinner?).




No comments:

Post a Comment